When I first announced "the secret" a few weeks ago I never expected to have to wait so long to reveal it. I just thought it would be a fun way to create a little intrigue and excitement; two words that I normally wouldn't associate with my method of storytelling.
As usual, things didn't go as planned and what I expected to be able to reveal at the end of June soon turned into the third week of July. Now that the third week of July is here I still don't feel like it's quite the right time to share my news. Thus, my feeling like a jerk.
However, against my better judgement, I'm going to tell you anyway. I promised something would happen on July 21st and I won't renege on that promise.
But first let me say how surprised I was that so many of you assumed that my secret had to do with being pregnant. I mean, can't a woman of child bearing age have a secret NOT related to her uterus? Jeez louise people!
So, let's recap shall we?
Clue #1
Tracy Byrd sings a song that goes something like... "We're from the country and we like it that way."
Clue #2
Grapes
Somewhere after Clue #2 I got a little bored with my clue giving because SOMEONE was spot on in their guessing and took the wind out of my sails. Hmpf!
Clue #3 was "July 21st"
Which is an important date that unfortunately is not going to go as we had anticipated.
The secret is...
We're moving!!!!
HERE!!!
to a vineyard!!!
Hopefully....
Long story short. We got an AMAZING deal on a foreclosure in Lodi wine country on a five acre vineyard. Crazy, right? The seller agreed to do some work on a few trouble spots. They did, but their contractor did a shoddy job (and when I say "shoddy" I mean it the way it is written as well as the way it sounds if you say it fast and it comes out like a bad swear) and now my kitchen looks like this and will continue to look like this for the indeterminate future.
(Not my kitchen, but you get the idea.)
So, we're still in escrow and the news of the delay kind of put a damper on how I wanted to share the news, which was by revealing my new blog! But, that will have to remain a revelation for another day. Gotta make sure my name is on that dotted line and the ink is dry before I'll be confident that THIS is going to be my new life.
Suffice it to say, it's beautiful and we love it and it gives us the perfect amount of house space for the needs of our current and hopefully future family. (But this isn't about my uterus people!)
Please excuse my son's ridiculously long bowl cut.
For the time being I'll keep fretting over paint chip colors and agonizing over my Pinterest inspiration boards deciding how to decorate my new digs. As evidenced in the photo above, we'll have our work cut out for us soon enough!
Thanks for bearing with me and my jerky secret keeping. More to come!



7 comments:
Congrats to all of you! THat is so exciting!!! :) So will you be making wine? I can so see you stomping on the grapes like Lucy and Ethel ;)
Wow, wow, wow!! So exciting!! I've been waiting for the big reveal, and this is indeed exciting and fun news! Hope things turn out as you guys hope and that the rest of the process is smooth sailing! Keep us posted. :-)
Can't wait till you get that 1st bottle of wine. We're excited for you. Lots of love!
I laughed out loud at your wittiness on this post (shoddy!). Congratulations, my friend. We know how excruciating the home-buying process can be, so we'll hope for the best, most expedient outcome!!
What road is this on?! I think I've been there. And of course some of us are going to think about your uterus! You only have one kid...
Can't wait to come see your new digs! SO EXCITING!!!!!
Becky, it's beautiful! I really hope we can visit you on your vineyard soon!
Post a Comment