I'd heard of Tom's Shoes and, in general, thought the concept was pretty neat. For every pair of shoes they sell, they give a pair of shoes to a kid in a third world country who can't afford shoes. Something like that. I love that idea. But...at the same time, the cynic in me was thinking, "Really? You buy $40 shoes just so a kid in another country doesn't have to go bare foot? I'm pretty confident if you were really buying the shoes as a selfless act to help a kid in need it'd probably be better just to send the $40 and they could buy like 100 pairs of shoes."
But...then you wouldn't have a really cool pair of trendy shoes now would you?
I didn't really know I wanted a pair - partly based on principal and the aforementioned cynicism. Then my brother-in-law bought me these for Christmas. And...they make me feel really cool and trendy....and pretty great about myself because a needy kid has a new pair of shoes. How very Machiavellian!
Regardless of my cynicism, they're mine now and I love them.
My goal is to embellish them with some sparkles.
What do your Tom's look like?
No comments:
Post a Comment