Let me begin by saying, I am not a "fair" person. As a matter of fact, I kind of hate the fair. Just the thought of it makes me feel hot and dirty and have flashbacks to my years in small town television when I had spend a lot of time at the fair filming pageant competitions and art shows. You will never look at "scholarship competitions" the same way after you've spent countless hours standing behind a camera watching 6-22 year olds perform (mostly) really bad dance/singing/instrumental/acting (for those who can't sing, play an instrument or dance) routines, all the while connected by headphones to the director's truck hearing rude comments about each girl made by middle aged men while you discreetly tell bratty kids to quit climbing on the 6-foot tall scaffolding you're standing on because it shakes the camera. There were also the years that I stood outside the fair in a parking lot for 5 days helping to park cars as part of a church fundraiser. (Did I mention we usually had to haul trash and dirt out of it a few days before hand.) Yeah, I hate the fair.
That being said, the Alameda County Fair may have changed my opinion of the fair in general. It was clean, held on sprawling grounds, and just generally pleasant.
Luke liked the animals.
There were lots of cute little piglets!
And a momma cow and her calf
We saw a glimpse of Luke's future here...
and here...
And this, as usual, remains the same. :)
Justin's dream is to be a pig farmer.
Double Ferris Wheel - almost as rare as the "double rainbow," but not quite.
Did I mention how enamored I currently am with the "vintage film" polaroid effect on my smart phone? It makes everything look cooler.
Even I look a better in "vintage film." I think it evens out my pasty uneven skin tone.
Not at the fair, but it belongs in the same weekend - we watched fireworks this year in a cute little Lodi neighborhood. The street was blocked off and everyone just pulled their chairs outside and watched. I love small towns!
Oh, and Luke rode a pony. This was taken as the pony ride operator told me "no pictures from inside!"
1 comment:
I love your vintage polaroid effect- especially for cute stuff like the fair! I will say though that I am not a big fan of the fair either. I am terrified of rides that get taken apart and put back together constantly. I got stuck upside down on a fair ride once and it was so scary!
Thanks so much for the shout out! I'm loving this little photo project!
Post a Comment