(This post was held over for a few days as I waited to post pics)
I had to work on Saturday. It was a 14-hour day, which is kind of a bummer. Normally when we have a board meeting we work straight through the day, overseeing our various committees in the morning and then lingering in the background during the actual afternoon board discussion. This time was different. We got released in the middle of the afternoon for a 2-hour break. Since one of my co-workers lives out of town and my house was filled (presumably) with two sets of grandparents (a changing of the guard occurred mid-day since Justin and I were both working on Saturday), she and I decided we'd have to kill time with some retail therapy. Having already spent more than my share at Target and Home Goods last week (our usual favorites), we decided to check out the new Ulta store. I'm not really much of a makeup or product kind of girl, but this store might just be the death of me. Bare Mineral eye shadow and the holiday lip gloss kit are two of the things I will be adding to my Christmas list!
After perusing the store for several minutes, we decided to inquire about the makeover process. The purchase of two or three products or an appointment (with a $30-$40 pricetag) was the answer. Not willing to do either, Claire and I continued to salivate over the various products. It was then that we were informed that the store was offering free oxygen peels and that they would touch up our make up afterward. Score! These two moms enjoyed our free pampering and were then glammed up for FREE for our alumni awards dinner that night.
Here we are with our fancy makeovers (AKA - how most normal people look everyday)
And here I am with Al Irwin, our alumni award winner for volunteer service that I mentioned in last week's post. Isn't he adorable?!? (And I don't mean that to be patronizing - he really was!)


2 comments:
You are beautiful with or without makeup, but YAY for free makeovers! = )
You guys look great! I have an Ulta by my house but have just never ventured in. Maybe I'll have to now!
Post a Comment