Wednesday, November 3, 2010

As if we haven't seen the Tiger costume enough...

Justin and I really got our $24.99 out of Luke's tiger costume. More than I could have ever hoped for when we purchased it in August 2009 - 3 months before he was even born!


Last week, we did the Safe Trick or Treat event at Pacific. They estimate that over 5,000 community members turned out for the event! We met up with my friend Gina and her boys, who were a big hit dressed as a hamburger and a hot dog. I will proudly take all the credit for the sick idea of posing them on the barbecue.




On Sunday, Halloween Day, the whole family (minus Jeff) came over to watch Pacific take on Sonoma State. My sister-in-law Sommer and her husband Mike both went there, so it seemed appropriate that we come out and support both of our teams. At half time, the kids were invited onto the court for a costume parade.


Luke's first crack at "parading." He actually had a nice little pageant wave going at first.


After the game we went to Valley Brew to watch Game 4 of the World Series! (Since we don't have a TV hooked up to any kind of signal, we had to get creative on how we watched games. Side note:  This family was VERY excited about the Giants victory!)

Luke is preoccupied with "the claw" (one of those machines that reaches in and grabs the toys) and refusing to pose. It's okay though, Auntie Som represents for the both of them!

On Saturday, we went trick or treating in Downtown Lodi. We stopped at Justin's office and said hello to his co-workers, then walked up and down School Street where local businesses were handing out candy. We totally became those adults who get candy for a child who isn't even old enough to eat candy. It was Justin's idea, so most of the time I made him do it so he would be the one getting judged.


You can't tell, but Luke really did like his costume. He was just preoccupied with his surroundings most of the time he was wearing it. He's really into watching other kids. I only got a couple of good photos of him smiling while he was wearing it. Maybe he was really into his character? I mean, tigers aren't really big on the smiling.


This post is out of order because Blogger has been giving me fits with the photo uploading! Has anyone else been having this problem? It is driving me crazy!

I love this picture with my two favorite tigers!

5 comments:

k said...

Ugh, I've been having problems with the photo uploader too. I've been saving posts and coming back to them later because the thing just won't work. Annoying.

One of these days Aria will have to meet Luke and teach him how to "be the claw". That's the only reason I ever let her play those machines. It's so funny to watch her pep talk herself. And every once in a while she walks away with something too!

Love the little tiger! Looks like it was a fun Halloween!

Becky said...

And yes, having Aria teach Luke "the claw," would be awesome! That's hilarious! We still want to plan a trip to TX - preferably before Luke is 2 and we have to pay for his ticket. :)

Emily Grunder said...

Luke is super cute in that costume! I didn't know you guys got it three months before he was born! Awesome!!! So glad you are all Giants fan I bet the Valley Brew was packed. I think I came out wearing orange and black when I was born! LOL You guys are all awesome

k said...

Oh, we'd love to have you guys!! We'd have so much fun!

Shelly said...

Sounds like you had a super-fun-filled Halloween (as it should be).

P.S. I don't think I will ever tire of that adorable tiger costume!