Thursday, November 18, 2010

Getting My Craft On

I have been feeling especially crafty lately. I'm certainly not the most "Martha" person I know, but occasionally I do like to give it a whirl. I busted these projects out the other night after Luke's bedtime. (Did I mention how thankful I am for a little guy who goes to bed by 6:30 or 7pm every night? Granted, we're up around 6ish in the morning, but it gives us time to have quite lovely mornings together before I go to work, so I don't mind.)

I did this for a friend who had a sweet baby boy in early October. His room is decked out in monkey theme. Shout out to Diana! (I told her not to look too closely at my imperfect polka dots. Fortunately they photograph well.)




Letter J, acrylic paint, and pre-painted monkey cutout:  Michael's
Green and white ribbon:  from my ribbon stash (I LOVE ribbon, especially polka-dot ribbon!)


I wanted to do a chalkboard for the wall in my kitchen area, but I absolutely HATE touching chalk, so I opted for a whiteboard instead. I got this cute black whiteboard at a fairly good price at Office Depot.




I busted out the hot glue gun and added some ribbon and twigs (only burned my fingers twice), as well as an obligatory "P" for Perry that I painted a mossy green color. I covered the little clear magnets that came with the board with cute paper that came from a thank you card sent by my dear friend Ancelle. I finished off the wall with my pear candles (get it, "pear" for Perry) and used an empty photo frame that I filled with scrapbooking stickers. The quote says, "It's the little things in life that mean the most." I still need to hang a fun little pouch or something to hold the markers and eraser.


 
White board:  Office Depot
Twigs, ribbon, paint, scrapbooking stickers & "P":  Joann's
Pear Candles:  beachy home store in Laguna Beach
Picture frame:  found in my basement



Yay for some decorations in the kitchen! More seasonal and birthday crafty-ness to show you later!

2 comments:

Stephanie Stull said...

OMG! I love it all! Feel free to pass along any crafty ideas for my bare walls : )

k said...

I am so impressed with all your craftiness!