Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Feel Good

The following things are making me incredibly happy today!


It may not be as impressive as the colors my friends back east get to see, but fall has definitely come to Stockton!


The red cups are back at Starbucks



My amazing sister-in-law Sommer lent me this super cute dress to wear to our alumni awards banquet tomorrow. (It has sparkles on the bottom and I'll do anything for sparkles.)


I found this totally appropriate orange and black polka dot ornament at Michaels last weekend. It is now on my desk.



They started construction on the alumni house, which means I will have a swanky new office work space by next summer!


Getting to meet some of our amazing distinguished alumni award winners this weekend, including Al Irwin.
(pictured below)
 A graduate from the class of 1942, Al has served Southern California as a water safety trainer and lifeguard since he was 14. I got to interview Al, as well as some of our other awardees, so I could write up his award introduction and presentation. He was humble and gracious and touched my heart. Just one of the many reasons he is receiving the Distinguished Alumni Award for Volunteer Service:  In 2003 he performed an unassisted rescue of a drowning man in Hawaii...when he was 86-years-old! Today he is 92 and is a truly a remarkable individual that we are proud to call a fellow Tiger.


Oh yeah, and this guy. :)

3 comments:

Stephanie Stull said...

Wow! Sounds like you're having a great day! Love the cute ornament...and yes, I'm also happy about the red cups at Starbucks. I love my peppermint mochas!

Jamie Stavenger said...

I love that "Office" reference you slipped in! Yeah...I caught it...

Som Crafty Lady said...

Yay the posed pictures have begun with the Lukester! He will learn to do anything to make a picture fun!