Approximately 1800 photos, 1500 diapers, and 4500 ounces of milk ago, Luke was born. These first six months have gone fast, but I've enjoyed and tried to live in every single moment of them.
How to describe Luke at six months? My boss pretty much summed it up when he asked, "is he ever not smiling or looking like he is going to eat something?" The answer: Pretty much no. Luke is a huge flirt! When we were in Reno for Mother's Day, he had an elevator full of teenage girls completely enamored. He usually has a huge dimply grin for anyone who peeks into his carrier. It warms my heart when I see such unbridled joy coming out of my son. When he's not flirting with anyone who looks in his general direction, he usually is trying to put things in his mouth. Most of the time it's a toy, sometimes it's his feet (amplified when he is wearing shoes), and occasionally it is something inappropriate (I caught him chewing on a magazine I put in his stroller on Sunday and had to pick little bits of soggy paper out of his mouth).
After his 6 month doctor's visit
Fortunately, he has finally made it on the chart in the weight department, tipping the scales at just under 15 pounds. Good enough to make the 9th percentile. Woo hoo! Height is another story, as he towers over 92% of other babies his age. Poor little guy still takes his twice daily dosage of baby Zantac to ease the effects of acid reflux that have earned him the nicknames "the Pukester" and "the Vominator."
A Few Recent Highlights:
Last weekend we joined our friend Ancelle and Team Caden's Cruz-ers for the Walk n Rock for Kids in Sacramento. In its second year, the Walk n Rock raises money for children's charities and hosts a big name musical act as part of the fundraiser. This year was Sammy Hagar and Heart. Luke and I only attended the walk portion of the event - he's a little too young to appreciate the classic rock. We got to walk over the Tower Bridge and pose in front of the state capitol.
Luke and daddy pose in front of the record board at the pool Justin still holds a couple of relay records)









2 comments:
He's so precious Becky! I didn't realize he had an acid reflux issue. I now know how much that stinks!
One benefit of being tiny....his clothes last him longer!
Post a Comment