Sunday, March 21, 2010

Week in Review

Well last week was crazy so I never got to my recap post. Work's been busy - I was working our alumni table in the bookstore for Grad Fair part of the week, our alumni table at the Career Fair on another day, and attending the inauguration of our new University President on Friday. This meant, no extra time at my desk for blogging purposes. :) Here's a recap:

Last Saturday we headed to my in-laws in Lafayette and got up early for the Dublin Shamrock Run on Sunday morning. It was touch and go there for a few minutes because the clock on my phone didn't update automatically for daylight savings like I thought it would, so Luke and I got up much later than we intended. This was my first "race" in well over a year and my first time actually jogging more than a mile in many many months. It felt so good to get out on the road and run! The second mile was kind of hard. I kept reminding myself that I went through childbirth, so there was no reason for me to wuss out over 3 miles. I broke through the second mile wall and mile 3 went great and sprinted in the last 50 yards. Even with training I'm not a fast runner, so I was proud of my 12ish minute miles! This run was especially fun because all of Team Perry did it together! My father-in-law started jogging this year, so this was his first race! Yay Rick! Here's Team Perry in all our post-race glory. Luke wasn't too thrilled with our accomplishment - he just wanted food at this point. After some showers and a meal for Luke, we went to our favorite restaurant, Harry's Hofbrau. Sooo amazing. I had my usual, a hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum!


On Monday evening I met up with my good friend Ancelle in Elk Grove. We've been trying to get together for  weeks so she and her little boy could meet Luke. Here's cutie pie Caden with his birthday present from Luke. (Caden loves to help his mom cook!)


And here is the best picture we could get of the boys together.


On Tuesday night we took advantage of having my mother-in-law here (she watches Luke a couple of days a week and stays over), so we could use passes I got for a free moving screening. We tried to get some friend time in as well and invited some of our favorite friends to go along. My MIL made us all an amazing enchilada dinner and then we went to see...

It was awful. I mean, there were a few funny parts and the overall absurdity made it kind of humorous, but the raunchy sex and gratuitous drug use made me give it two thumbs down. Soooo dumb! I kept thinking, "I left my baby at home for this?" But, at least it was free AND I got to spend some time with fun friends!

Wednesday night was church. We go to a great home group meeting on Wednesday nights and that serves as our church for the week. We've grown very disenchanted with the traditional church, so this group of sold out believers is right up our alley. Miracles are happening in Stockton people! Look out!

The rest of the week is a blur. My parents came in for their stint as Luke-sitters. I visited with an old friend from The Record who came by the house on Thursday. Had to be at work early on Friday for a special alumni breakfast and the inauguration of our new University President. Since I work at my alma mater, I sometimes take my school pride for granted. Friday's ceremony reminded why I love UOP - Pacific as we call it now. Singing the alma mater always brings a tear to my eye. Oh yes, and I met an alum who just happened to be in 5 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (He was also in 60+ episodes of Little House on the Prairie, but that's secondary to Buffy-ness in my book.) I had ample opportunity to talk to him about this while he was sitting by himself in my boss' office, but I chickened out. I didn't want to look like a dork. :)

Yesterday we played it kind of cool. Went for walks in the sunshine and drove to Tracy for some steak at Texas Roadhouse. I made Justin stop at the outlets so we could buy something fun for Luke to wear on Easter. I'll be honest, I am SO happy to have a boy, but they get the shaft when it comes to clothes. Little girl clothes are sooooo cute! I keep asking Luke if he'd be willing to wear polka dots or one of those cute gauzy skirts. Even if he said yes, I'm sure his dad would put his foot down. Sigh.

This has been a ridiculously long post and reaffirms why I need to blog more often! And take more pictures of our outings! Have a great week friends!

4 comments:

Stephanie Stull said...

Love your update! I feel much more connected now. : ) It sounds like you've had a lot of fun mixed in with work, so I'm glad! I'll have to tell John about your review of the movie. He really wants to see it....but it won't be with me! : ) Would love to have dinner with you guys soon! We live so close, but never see each other. I'm happy to host! : )

k said...

Great post! Thanks for the heads up about Hot Tub Time Machine. I was thinking it looked amazing and hilarious. Good to know I don't need to rush out and see it!

Emily Grunder said...

When I saw that John Cusack was in that I was very dissapointed in him! He's so much better than that!! I doubt I will let it have space in my netflix que

Becky said...

I'm usually all for quirky and stupid-funny movies, even if they are a bit on the raunchy side. This one, to me, had unnecessary gross-ness and was uber-ridiculous. Don't waste your money - especially not at $10 a ticket. At the very most I would say a $1 redbox rental, but even that may be too much.

I'll be interested to read what the critics say about it.