Monday, March 29, 2010

5Ks and Birthdays

As usual, the weekend flew by. After breakfast with my parents on Saturday, my mom and I decided to run by Michael's (the craft store) to pick up a few things. My dad offered to take Luke into the nearby Toys R' Us. When we met up after our shopping I found something that looked a lot like this:


Yes, Grandpa bought Luke a giant monkey. His reasoning, "It was the only one he laughed at." So, now we have a giant monkey friend! :)




On Sunday, we started off the day by heading to Elk Grove for a 5K run/walk with my Aunt Pat. This was the first race my aunt and I did when we started running a few years ago, so it's kind of tradition. The best thing about this race is the theme, "Nutrition Fuels Fitness." The shirts have smiling produce on them, a giant carrot starts the race, and there are other costumed fruits and veggies running around. It's amazing. They even have an ages 5 and under run where the kids chase the giant carrot. Even if I have to carry him for the 1/4 mile race, Luke is totally doing it next year!



Luke with his "carrot" hat. (Technically I think it is a pumpkin hat, but I bought it because it could pass for a carrot too.) You can't see his t-shirt, but it has a brocolli and a cookie holding hands on it. Awesome.



The giant carrot starting the 5 and under kids run.

After we got home from Elk Grove, we got ready and headed north again. This time to Davis to celebrate our good friend Ryan's 30th birthday. Justin and Ryan have known each other since they were twelve. They were also the best men in each other's weddings. Now they are both awesome daddies. Next month we celebrate Justin's 3-0!


And one final picture of the weekend - Luke with Grandpa Rick - so you can see Luke's awesome woodie aloha shirt a bit better.


2 comments:

k said...

I wish so badly that we had a race like that here! That is the cutest thing! Aria would totally chase that carrot, Mia's still unsure about costume people though!

Emily Grunder said...

I love your blogs Becky!