Thursday, February 25, 2010

Luke at 3 Months


Luke was three months old yesterday. I love watching him grow! Here are a few things he's been up to:
  • Lots of smiles and showing off his cute dimples. (It's been hard to get good smiling pictures because he likes to focus intently on the camera and when one does eke out, Mommy isn't fast enough or it comes out blurry. Argh!)
  • Chattering and squealing (The other day we hadn't seen Daddy for more than a day and when he came in, Luke put his hand on Justin"s face and started chattering on for a good couple of minutes like he was telling him about his day. Cutest thing ever! He did it to me yesterday after a long afternoon in the car driving back from the East Bay.)
  • "Reading" books.  Favorites to stare at are the Very Hungry Caterpillar, Brown Bear, and an old ABC golden book.
  • Talking to himself in the mirror. He just discovered his reflection and likes to touch and talk to the baby
  • "Running" - He likes to stand and "run" across the floor (as far as mom's arms can reach. Video of this parlor trick coming soon.)
  • Staring at one of his 2 fish mobiles
  • Tummy time. He can hold his head up for crazy long amounts of time now and wants so badly to be able to crawl for the toys I entice him with. All in good time buddy, all in good time.
  • Playing ball with Grandpa Curry
  • Chewing on or staring at his hands

As far as sleep goes, he's consistently giving me about a 5 hour stretch at night. That should be fun when I go back to work next week! I love this little guy so much and it has been so fun watching him become more and more alert and excited about the world! Every day brings new joys and discoveries.

3 comments:

k said...

He's got a little personality! So cute! I love his little dimples!

Stephanie Stull said...

He is SO SO cute!! Adorable picture of him!

Jamie Stavenger said...

LP is adorable! And I love that you post his progress...with Kendall a month behind, it gives me lots to look forward to (and reminds me to enjoy what she's doing now because it wont last long!).