Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Twi-Party


I'm really blessed to enjoy the company of the people I work with. I even like hanging out with them socially, which says a lot because we are together at least 8 hours a day five days a week. Four of us have really embraced the Twilight phenomenon (and one other has semi-embraced) and it has served as a great unifying factor for us. On Saturday we had to work a big alumni event, which also coincided with the movie's release on DVD. We decided months ago that we would reward ourselves after the event by having a Twilight Party at my house on my indoor movie screen. (Yes, it is as dorky as it sounds.) We sighed, we swooned, we squealed. Most of all, we enjoyed watching it (and the special features) together in the safety of our Twilight-loving family. :) I will try to refrain from future Twilight-related posts until it gets closer to the release of the film adapation of the second book, New Moon (November). I just want the blogosphere to note, as a point of clarification, that my love for Twilight goes far beyond my own dorky obsession and is rooted in a shared experience with a group of people I spend many hours a day with. That means it's okay.

2 comments:

Sooz said...

stumbled upon your blog after seeing your wonderful facebook friend request :). . . I had to comment here on twilight. . I LOVE TWILIGHT! And I agree, obsession is deeper than just the obsession, I have found it to be a great conversation starter/keeper.

Love your blog by the way, super cute!

Im hoping for sushi post next. . haha.
-Susan

Becky said...

I LOVE that you also love Twilight! And, although my latest post wasn't about sushi - it's better :) - ironically enough, I did eat at Cocoro tonight for the first time in weeks!