
I worked at the Grad Fair for several hours this week signing up graduating seniors for their alumni ID cards. Many of them come in looking really overwhelmed and a little frightened that the time has come for them to graduate and head into "the real world." Dun dun dun. I'll admit that "the real world" is looking scarier than usual this year, but I saw the same fear during last year's go round when the economy was still sunshine and rainbows. Did I feel that way when I graduated? Rewind to eight years ago (has it really been that long?!?) I remember being SO ready to be done with college. Don't get me wrong, I love my alma mater, but even jobless and with a one-way ticket back to mom and dad's house, I was still ready to leave the student experience behind. And now, as I prepare to matriculate again from the same beautiful institution, this time with my Master's degree, I can't help but feeling...the exact same way I felt 8 years ago! It. Can't. Come. Fast. Enough. A couple of papers, a portfolio, a project and 12 hours worth of comprehensive exams stand between me and the end of what has been one of the most difficult undertakings of my life. (Granted I haven't had kids yet, so my measure of difficulty may be a little weak.) The countdown to May continues friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment