Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Nightly Struggle

(I love everything about this)

Pretty sure most women can agree that there's never enough time to do everything we feel we should be doing. For me, every night is the same struggle. When the last kid is in bed around 9:00pm, I have the following menu of options to choose from (in order of importance, not desirability):

1) Pick up the house and/or do the dinner dishes
2) Do some of the work I brought home with me
3) Work out
4) Work on a personal project or make something for a friend
5) Read a book/magazine
6) Watch something stupid on TV (Mindy Project & New Girl are my current favorites)


...sadly, the above list usually overwhelms me and probably 5 nights out of the week I choose option:

7) Fall asleep in my bed with Luke.

He says, "snuggle me mama" and I just can't resist. Then I'm out.

At least one night a week I stay up waaaaaayyyyy too late (or get up waaaaayyyyy too early) in order to catch up on at least one or two of the above - usually items 1, 3, or 5 - and then I pay the price for it for the rest of the week.

Generally speaking, I try to live in harmony with how I choose to spend the 24 hours I have every day, but man do I wish there were a couple of extra ones thrown in there.

No comments: