Thursday, February 13, 2014

Truth: Valentine's Day Edition

The other day I was reading a blog and the person wrote that she was making valentines for her child's class, because, and this is a direct quote ... "store bought Valentines...ew." Fortunately I promised myself back in January 2013 that I was going to stop caring about crap like that and do what was right for us/me and rid myself of any "mommy guilt" that the Internet might try to lay on me.

Let me tell you, this year I took Luke to Target and turned him loose in the valentine aisle. He settled on a $2.50 box of "Planes" cards and I am totally okay with it. #noshameinthisgame.

....


Update:  I just spent 45 minutes addressing said cards, affixing stickers and positioning the accompanying temporary tattoos and realized that being creative might have taken an equal amount of time...buuuut it probably would have cost me more than $2.50, so I'm still good.


Here's to a guilt-free Valentine's Day everybody!




2 comments:

Diana said...

Preach it, sister! Store-bought Valentines were good enough for me, and they'll be good enough for my kid... Don't let Pinterest bring you down! :-)

Becky said...

I love you. That is all.