Remember when I said I wanted a fun strap for my camera? Well, even though I still don't have the camera of my dreams, I decided to forge ahead and make a strap on the cheap for my current camera. Times are tough, so I'm trying to just love my little Canon Powershot for what it is. I decided not to do anything crazy. I got some wide ribbon from Michael's and hot glued the edges around my strap. (That way, if I ever get tired of it I can just cut the ribbon away without harming the original strap.) It's fun, it's polka dots, and I kind of love the simplicity of it!
I have some wall space in the dining room that needs a little something. I thought it would be fun to do a name letter sign. I searched each letter on flickr and printed out my favorites on my photo printer. I didn't feel like spending money on a new frame, so I found an old wooden frame we weren't using anymore, busted out my acryllic paints and turned it into a basic black frame for my project. I specifically looked for red and yellows in the letters to play off of some of the colors in my dining room. It's a little bit funky for my current decor, but I kind of like it.
Lastly, a friend's little boy is turning one next week. They're checkered vans (the shoes) kind of people, so I told her I had the perfect idea for a fun 1st birthday shirt. I bought the checkered fabric at Michael's (it was a bandana, actually) when I made a shirt for Luke's birthday invitation photo shoot last year (I ended up going with b/w polka dots for Luke's instead.) I picked up a piece of yellow felt for 20 cents and used a plain black t-shirt already owned by the birthday boy and made this fun shirt. I handstitched the letter and the lightning bolt. I'm hoping to conquer the sewing machine this summer, so little things like this will be a bit less time consuming. I can think of a few things I'd do differently next time to make it a higher quality product, but overall I was really happy with how it turned out!
5 comments:
Um, I am TOTALLY impressed with all three of these projects!! I especially love the last-name sign. That'd be a great wedding gift... or event a baby gift. Look out Martha Stewart! :-)
I love the sign friend!!! Super duper cute! Way to go with what you have already.. You're basically amazing.
I love the Perry sign friend! It's super cute and you're basically amazing. Way to go! :)
You are SO crafty! I wish I was that creative! Polka dots are always a win :) Enjoyed coffee today! I'll keep you updated :)
How much do I love all this?! That sign is totally awesome!
Post a Comment