Not so fun for Luke Perry.
The first time Luke met Power Cat he was indifferent. We took a (pretty bad) picture together. No big deal.
The second time didn't go over as well. Powercat was wearing a Santa costume. Luke's lower lip dropped, quivvered, and then his whole body literally shook with fear. After 20 minutes we were able to go in for a picture with Luke safely in daddy's arms.
Last night at a basketball game it became clear that mascot fear is in full effect as Luke let out one of the loudest wails I have ever heard come out of my son in a social setting. Even when Powercat was waaaaaay down on the court dancing around, Luke pointed and made the saddest, most frightened face I've ever seen. (I couldn't quite capture it at the pinnacle of fear.)
Way up at the top of the bleachers....Note the lower lip quiver and the finger ready to point at the offending "kitty."
Powercat waaaaaaay down on the court.
Mascot fear. I did not anticipate this. I hope it is just a phase.


4 comments:
Oh no haha! At the age of 6 1/2, Mia's still easing her way into understanding that mascots are our friends. Hope Luke overcomes before Mia!
I was hoping you'd weigh in on the mascot fear blog! I'm just glad we took pictures with Mickey and friends at DLand before the fear set in. It may be YEARS before he lets us do that again!
No! He can't be afraid of mascots! What will we do when we go to Disneyland. He'll just sob his way through the park. Maybe it's just the big scary tiger? Not so much Mickey Mouse?
Or you could have it like I do where Logan will push anyone away to GET to the mascot...If he saw the Powercat down there on the floor he would have wanted to go dance with it. I have no clue where it came from but he loves them!
Post a Comment