Dear Sad Haired, Semi-Brunette Becky,
It's time to spice things up. For too long now you've been content to exist with your frumpy, no volume, thinning, ever lengthening hairstyle. While you are a new mom and it's to be expected, you are also a marketing professional that should really know better. Why not make a bit more of an effort and surprise people with some fresh color and a more polished look? Stop being such a cheapskate and get your booty to the salon! Yes, I realize that your hairdresser is having a baby and going out on maternity leave; not that you ever planned far enough ahead to get an appointment when you really needed one anyway. Time to solicit some help and find someone in town who can help you achieve a style that will be simple and yet still help you look like something other than a two-toned ragamuffin who doesn't care about herself. And let's face it, I know you don't want a "mom-bob," but really, you've sported a "mom-bob" in some fashion or another since 1997. Maybe that's just who you are. Quit trying to "go back to your roots" the natural way and pony up the cash for the color. As much as you've tried to deny it, you really do love being blond(er).
So, buck up walking hair-tastrophe, there is hope. You just have to take the time and the initiative to find it. In the meantime, try drying your hair before work and attempting the curling iron with a little more frequency. You, your job, and your future will thank you.
Sincerely,
The Better, Cuter Becky We All Know You Can Be
6 comments:
I'm kind of there too. When I dyed my hair dark, it was great and now it's all faded and my natural roots are still real dark. I don't want to keep traumatizing my hair with more dye though since I'm trying to grow it long. So it's either dye it and damage it more, leave it alone and be two toned or cut it. Blah! Anyways, whatever you do, post pictures. I'm sure it will be cute!
Loved this post. It made me laugh aloud.
DO it Becky! Suck it up and treat yourself to a little luxury! You deserve it! :D
By the way, you look darling with the "mom-bob". Don't think of it as a "mom-bob", think of it as a chic-little-2010-cut. The-bob surely fits your bright sparkling personality.
I'm telling ya Robynne Richards is the best. She did my sister's hair for years and has done mine mainly cuts. My Mom has also been going to her forever. You might have to wait a bit for an appointment tell her the Grunder's sent ya. 209-478-5859. It's in the Hammer Ranch shopping center. Of course I know I'm bias when I'm making you a recommendation for her.
You crack me up!
You are killing me, girl! I love it. Oddly enough, I've recently been pondering the same thing and debating if I want some sort of new haircut/style. Andrew has forbade me from anything too closely resembling a "bob," so I'm a bit limited, but I want something NEW. Or, maybe what I really want is a hairstylist at my beck and call...?? Good luck - can't wait to see the results! :-)
I wanted to comment on each of these individually, but I'm going to be lazy. I LOVE each of you for your supportive comments (and for thinking I'm funny.) :) I think I may have found a winner in my hair stylist search! Going to call her tomorrow and set something up. Don't know if I'm going to stay natural brunettish or go with some blonde streaks, do a longer cut with layers or bob it. I can't make a decision to save my life these days! Hopefully this girl can give me some tough love and work a little magic! :)
Post a Comment