Friday, September 10, 2010

8 Years

Well, we made it past the 7-year itch! On Tuesday Justin and I celebrated our 8th Anniversary. This is one of my favorite photos from our wedding. It is actually on my mantle so I can enjoy seeing some of our favorite friends all the time! Hard to believe we were the first to get married in this group, which now boasts 10 children! Little Travis is about to get his driver's license and our flower girl Natalie is almost a teenager. Little brother Jeff just moved away from home for the first time to his own apartment in Hollywood. Time flies, but somehow I don't feel all that different.


As far as I know, we were one of the first couples to get married in the Rose Garden at UOP and also one of the last. I think another couple did it after us and they ruined it for everyone else. We planned the wedding on a shoestring in about 4 months and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Our reception locale, a redwood deck off the old student union, was just demolished as they renovate the space for offices. Kind of sad, but we're lucky to be close enough to revisit our wedding site as often as we like!


To celebrate, Justin and I took the day off and went on a spontaneous trip to our favorite destination - Monterey. It gave Luke one last opportunity to play in eat sand on the beach outside of our hotel and go to the aquarium for the first time.


 People told me how amazing it would be to see things through the eyes of my child and they were right!

2 comments:

k said...

Happy anniversary! Great pictures! That last one is amazing!

Shelly said...

Happy anniversary and congrats on surpassing the 7-year-itch!

Your pictures are so incredibly cute and your dress is amazing.

I'm sorry to hear about the old student union. Ernie's at the Brick-walk closed down that was where Ted and I had our first date. It's that same feeling of sad or loss.