Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Latest

Luke - 8 1/2 months

In the last 5 days, Luke:

--Debuted the nubs of his first 2 teeth (they aren't fully out yet, but I can see and feel the little white caps)
--Started "real" crawling, not just the army crawling he'd been doing for 3 weeks...
--...Immediately lost interest in crawling and started pulling himself up to stand whenever possible. (Now crawling really only exists to get him from one piece of furniture or another.) This new "skill" also necessitated a change in the mattress being adjusted to the lowest height possible.

Just waking up


I couldn't figure out what he was doing in the swing. Then I figured it out, he was trying to make the fish in his mobile "dance." Babies are nothing if not resourceful.


Last weekend was a busy one (aren't they all?). On Friday, we helped our friend Nancy celebrate her birthday with sushi and some dance movie action - Step Up 3. As to be expected, the plot was so-so, but the dancing was incredible! If you're interested, watch this clip. (Fast forward to around the 8 minute mark for the really awesome final dance scene.)



On Saturday, we dropped Luke off at his grandparent's house in the east bay, picked up Jeff, headed to the Peninsula to pick up Sommer and Mike, and then over to San Jose for a birthday/housewarming party for Mike's sister Jenell who is now married to Justin's college roommate Dave. (Yes, Justin and I are proud to be responsible for this love connection.)

We left the party a tad early so we could all hit up the new Will Ferrell movie (it's kind of a Perry tradition to see Will Ferrell movies together.) The flick was rated PG-13 and Jeff (who's 20) got carded. Mike laughed about this for the next 3 hours. Poor Jeffy. What are we going to do without him when he moves to Hollywood?

On Sunday we came home and then Luke and I immediately left again for a reunion in Sacramento with some of my dearest high school friends. Two years ago when the girls met up, they each had an infant, last year when we met we were all pregnant. This year, well, you can see below. Four friends, eight kids. Needless to say there aren't a lot of deep conversations occuring during these get togethers, but it's always so fun to be with these girls! Even though our gatherings are few and far between, our time apart never really seems to matter. I guess that's the mark of quality friendships.

The babies were great - it's the toddlers that are a bit harder to wrangle. Gives new meaning to the term "herding cats."

Luke and Logan

This weekend's agenda. STAYING HOME! The house is a disaster. Every outside light bulb is burned out, piles of clean clothes are waiting to be put away (we don't have enough drawer or closet space so we really procrastinate on this chore), floors need to be mopped (they've already been dusted thanks to Luke's belly), and drawers and cabinets need the much-anticipated baby proofing.  I've decided I can only do one of three things in the evenings - 1) Clean 2) Exercise 3) Laze around/Sleep. This week I chose option 3) and couldn't make myself put down the book "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. Two thumbs up.

Okay, there's the update! Back to work!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Luke is already so much bigger. He's lookin' like a little man. I'm sure it helps that his mom dresses him in really adorable outfits and snazzy accessories (love the sunglasses).