Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Announcement
As a reward to my few and loyal blog followers, I’m giving you the scoop first!
I’ve been keeping a little secret from you. We’re having a baby! I’ve been keeping the news under wraps for about 6 weeks, but since we had our first ultrasound today and saw Baby Perry kicking and squirming with a strong heartbeat, I’m ready to tell the world! I am almost 11 weeks along and we are due on December 4th.
So far pregnancy hasn’t been too rough on me, so that’s been a huge blessing. A week of light nausea, insane levels of fatigue, and aversions to cooked vegetables and seafood have been my major issues. The really rough part has been trying to finish my last 9 units of grad school while being tired and slightly preoccupied. It’s amazing how much time a person can waste looking at baby stuff online or asking Google about every cramp or dietary concern.
I am pleased to announce that all my projects for grad school are complete (just finished today!) and I just have that pesky week of exams to deal with at the end of May. I am excited to finally give pregnancy my full concentration. It’s a new adventure for us and I’m pretty excited!
(Oh, and just a side note on the lame grainy photos in the video. In the early days of our relationship, and at the time of our wedding in 2002, digital photography was not as prolific as it is today. Fact: that makes me feel really old!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This makes me excited beyond words!! What a GREAT announcement! Congratulations again!
I know I just commented on Facebook, but I just have to say it here too-Congrats! Glad to hear it hasn't been too rough on you! And yes, pregnancy is soo consuming! I obsessed over Babycenter.com during both of mine. It's so fun to read little snippets about what's going on with the little one inside of you and what your body is going through!
Congrats Becky!!
It's Kelsey, one of Sommer's small group girls/friend.
I saw the video on facebook under the "Hilights" section because Som commented on it. I had hoped you had posted a blog about it so I looked at Sommer's blog. I'm not a stalker... I swear! ;)
That is so exciting!!
My sister is due in 7 weeks!
Congratulations! You must be thrilled!!!!
Post a Comment