

Today’s post was going to be about how amazing my husband is for putting up all our Christmas lights on his day off yesterday. (As I walked around the corner on my way home from work, I was met by a beautiful light display on our house. Super exciting!) But, today’s post is no longer going to be about that because he fell rapidly out of favor this morning. First off, he made fun of the fake uggs I was wearing to walk to work. I should know by now to ignore him and wear whatever I want, but one can only be called “boots” so many times before a negative complex starts to set in. So, I changed into my heels and left the house only to get about two blocks before I realized that I left my keys at home. I stomped up the porch steps hoping that my two-year-old temper tantrum would elicit some type of sympathy from Justin, who was walking out the door. I did my best pout-y face, laid a guilt trip on him about never driving me to work, and stomped off with keys in hand expecting a nice offer of a ride in return. NOTHING people! No offer(something about being “late” to his own job – whatever!), only some nonsense about “I don’t even get a kiss?” A kiss? Bah! Make fun of my boots, make me walk to work my heels (in the cold!) and expect a kiss? He may have gotten an obscene gesture instead as I walked crankily down the street. (I'm not proud of it.) I think I have shin splints now from walking in my heels, not to mention the mini-run in my nylons (which I know are “Fashion Don’t #1” for style conscious women, but they couldn’t be helped today.) I’m over it now, but Christmas lights or not, Justin's still on my list! And tomorrow I'm wearing my boots - teasing or no! :)
3 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, I got Aria some fake Uggs and the first night she had them she put them next to her bed because she said she couldn't sleep without looking at them. She wears them all the time except she likes to make up random fashion rules like, "When you're six, you can't wear boots with pants." But when you're 29, you can wear your fake uggs with anytime you want! I think they're cute!
Thanks Kate! I appreciate your support! Aria's onto something though...Even at 29, I've tried to rock the uggs over pants look and it just doesn't work for me. Maybe it's my proportions or something. Or maybe that look is only for people between the ages of 6 and 29. :)
I love your lights! Maybe I'll come by one night w/ a special treat and see them in person! : )Are you usually home every night?
Post a Comment