Sommer and I usually find a way to avoid actually watching the match (except for a few well timed hoots and hand claps) and this year was no exception. We took Jeff and headed to Starbucks. Prior to that outing though, we realized that the three of us have pretty much the same haircut and highlights (thanks to us having the same hairdresser - yay Stephanie!) thanks to the dad of Justin's friend Andy who couldn't tell Sommer and I apart for a minute. This is our "we have the same hair" pose - ask your hairdresser for "The Perry."
After the game we headed to Hayward to "Grandmom's" house where there is always an amazing dinner. I've narrowed my favorites to green bean casserole and this sweet potato concoction that is to die for. While there, I made Justin take some pictures of the Firstlook jam session. Their debut cd is done and in the process of being duplicated now! You can hear a preview of it on their myspace music page. Hooray!
After dinner we headed back to Lafayette. When we finally decided we were hungry again, Jeff, Sommer, and I headed out for a snack. NOTHING WAS OPEN! It was the saddest thing ever, but we came home and we all played a role in making tacos. And Justin and Sommer schooled Jeff on the couch.
I feel pretty lucky to have so many great family members! My husband (even though he annoys the crap out of me sometimes :)) is my best friend. I love Jeff and Sommer like they're blood and of course Mike Nunan is my in-law hermano to the second power. As is the norm, my family has to go it alone on Thanksgiving, which always makes me sad. But I love you mom, dad, and Aunt Pat and I am so thankful for you! I am a lucky girl in many ways. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment