Last week I got moved out of my cozy under-the-radar office in the back of The Record's Circulation Department to new digs (a desk) right outside the Circulation Director's Office. (The jury's still out on whether or not this really was a promotion . . .)
So not the point though.
The point is that this change resulted in an amazing new discovery on my part. You see, my boss highly recommended the MSN Pandora music player. For those of you as clueless as I was, Pandora is a free service where you can type in your favorite music artist and they will start streaming music not only from that musician, but from others that have a similar sound.
IT IS SO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
For the past few days I have been streaming Switchfoot radio, which gave me some great indie, punk, rock selections. Today, for a nice girl-power, self-esteem boosting change, I typed in one of my favorite pop artists (who I refuse to name out of embarrassment). Cough, Hilary Duff, Cough Cough.
The coolest part of all this is that you get to give a thumbs up or thumbs down to each selection. This helps the music player format even further to your musical tastes. The only bad thing is giving a thumbs up to a song that you know is abysmal, but still love it anyway.
For example, a few minutes ago I gave a thumbs up to a Britney Spears song. For a moment I felt like there could be a programmer in an office somewhere judging me.
1 comment:
that was just me. I knew i heard a disturbance in the force somewhere.
Post a Comment