
So . . . I gave up Starbucks for Lent.
I'm not sure if sharing that information negates the whole point of the Lenten sacrifice, but I'm having a moment of weakness and I felt the need to blog.
It's been nearly three weeks since I enjoyed my last Starbucks Iced Chai Latte and Lemon Scone. (Which I have capitalized because of it's extreme level of deliciousness.) I've almost given up my quest on more than one occasion; justifying my failure with the following excuses:
a) I'm not Catholic, so it doesn't count anyway.
b) God doesn't really care if I go to Starbucks.
c) To heck with sacrifice! I really deserve a little Starbucks comfort food today.
Fortunately I am strong and I have perservered in my abstinence. I don't believe that participating in Lent makes me a better Christian, but I do feel that a little sacrifice in the name of Jesus (even something as simple as my twice a week Starbucks habit) will allow God to shower His blessings upon me in a greater way.
And so I labor on. For another 4 LONG weeks.
P.S. This is nothing like the year Justin and I gave up starches! You'd be amazed at just how many things contain starch.
1 comment:
I think God does care if you give up starbucks. Then again the christian section of Barnes and Nobles disagrees with me....
Post a Comment