![]() |
| How do people get out of the house for work everyday on time with multiple children? |
And now for a little segment called "Things I've Done in Heels."
Okay, that's probably misleading. While I do wear heels a couple of times a week, they are usually wedges or a 1-2 inch Mary Jane heel, which isn't all that impressive. I can most often be found in ballet flats.
In this particular instance, however, I was wearing a low kitten heel. A pretty obnoxious black/white dotted pointy toed kitten heel with turquoise accents that I found on clearance at Target (can't imagine why) and had to have. They're amazing. I digress.
95% of the time, when I arrive home from work I throw my laptop, purse on the dining room floor and immediate dive into Mom mode. Making dinner, giving hugs, changing diapers, clearing the table, baths, bedtime routines, etc. I usually don't change out of my work clothes until much later in the evening, which means I sometimes have my "heels" on for several hours after work. (Unless they're wedges, in which case, those bad boys hit the floor with aforementioned lap top and purse.)
This brings me to the point of this "Things I Did in Heels" segment. Here are my recent claims to fame.
1) Cleaned carpet covered in animal poop
Last night I came home and soon discovered that someone (thing) had left feces all over the boys' toy area (perfect). Gross. My money's on the dog. I quickly found myself crouching down in my pencil skirt, blouse and kitten heels armed with clorox wipes, paper towels and a can of Resolve. That's number one.
2) Ran through a vineyard
Shortly after an uneventful dinner, Luke headed outside with my dad to drive his mini-John Deere Gator. My dad came in and announced that Luke had headed out toward the back of the property, driving through the vineyard by himself (he's 3) and my dad wasn't feeling up to chasing him down. I got up from the table and bolted out into the vineyard. As I was running through the weeds, dried grass, spider webs, etc. I looked down and realized that the kitten heels were a poor choice for this job. An unexpected 1/4 mile run later I was finally back in the house and made the smart choice to change into post-work appropriate footwear.
What have you done in your "heels" lately, super moms?

No comments:
Post a Comment