Sunday, October 11, 2009


I've never been a tidy person. That's not something to be proud of, but it's a true statement about how I've spent much of my life. I'm "clutter blind" when it comes to messes. I can definitely go to bed at night with dishes in the sink. I can let the laundry pile up for weeks at a time. I'm definitely NOT Type A in the home management department. Well at least I wasn't...until now.

My family likes to tease me with a little term called "nesting," and I've resisted the label for as long as I possibly could. I finally had to accept that it is actually happening to me. You see, for the past few weeks I haven't been able to fight my own desires to organize drawers and closets. I make sure I can see the bottom of the laundry hamper at the end of every weekend. And those dishes? They haunt me at 4 o'clock in the morning. It's weird, spooky, and kind of off-putting. Who is this person? Don't get me wrong, it is definitely a much-needed change of behavior - especially since I will soon have a newborn who needs to live in a squalor-free environment. Justin is beside himself with joy and says if he'd known the "perfect wife" would emerge from pregnancy, we would have made it happen a lot sooner. :) Now...if only a compulsion for nightly home-cooked meals would just kick in. We're still waiting on that one.

3 comments:

Steph Stull said...

Is that where the desire for the car organizer came from? = )

Becky said...

Maybe so...it just seemed like a good idea. :)

k said...

I remember going through that! It was the awesome-est I've ever been at housekeeping!