Thursday, September 25, 2008

Old Married Couple



On September 7th Justin and I celebrated 6 years of wedded bliss. (Let's be honest, the levels of blissfulness vary day by day.) :) To commemorate the occasion, we were able to get away for one night to our favorite place in the world, Monterey. We happened to be there the same weekend as the Cherries Jubilee car show, which made the "row" more crowded than usual. It was also unusually warm weather for Monterey, and I know I specifically ordered a forecast of overcast and 60. We had a nice time, except for our anniversary "dinner" which consisted of greasy appetizers and virgin pina coladas in the bar of a wannabe upscale restaurant that Justin was convinced was a front for a mafia ring. What??? After waiting over an hour for a table and filling up on the aforementioned "meal", we decided to call it a night. Then, being the exciting and energetic couple you all know we are, we promptly fell asleep after paying $17 to watch the documentary of the guy who tightrope walked between the World Trade Center towers on the hotel TV.


Close up of a random rock formation on the beach. There were a ton of them! I'm still not convinced it wasn't part of some weird cultish activity. (File this idea next to Justin's weird mafia intuition.)


Rocking a shorter, blonder 'do. Mom hasn't seen it yet, so this is for her. :)

1 comment:

Jamie Stavenger said...

HEY! That's the same rock formation that Chris and I made on our engagement trip to Monterey! It's amazing that it's still standing...must be bound together with love glue. :)

I did NOT mean for that to sound disgusting in any way, but it kinda does. Sorry! :)