
So, this evening I may have walked 5 miles in the rain just so I could "claim" Kansas as a state. (And so I could have the chance to say, if only to myself, "guess I'm not in Kansas anymore" - I know, lame). It's just that Kansas was so close that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get TWO new states on this trip! Sort of reminds me of the time I went to Mississippi and designed a plan to get myself to Louisiana because it was only 20 miles away...but that's another story for another time.
More later on the authentication process of "claiming" a state and actual proof that I walked to Kansas.
States I've been to: California, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Colorado, Indiana, Illinois, Florida, Hawaii, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Missouri, and KANSAS! Not a great showing, but I'm slowly checking all 50 off the list.
What's YOUR favorite state? Anyone out there made it to all 50 yet?
3 comments:
Fact: California is the best state in the United States.
That is my fav. I'm impressed with how many states you have been to though! Well done Becky! Mike has been to a LOT of states. I bet he's pretty close to 50. :)
I heart Becky and I get to see her TOMORROW!
Kudos on Kansas! I've been pretty freaking close to Kansas too, but have never crossed the border. Maybe some day...lol.
I appreciate California so much after not living there and not having the diverse terrain that it offers. It would be a tough call between that and Texas though since I seriously love it here.
Three words: Ocean, Turtles, Mai Tais, the winner.....Hawaii!
Just think, in a week you'll be able to add Kauai to your list! Don't forget your worldliness with you trip down south to the land of la cucarachas!
Post a Comment